|How to Install HSPL4 on HTC HD2|
Want to have NAND Android or Windows Phone 7 on your HTC HD2? SPL-2.08.HSPL from DFT HSPL4 is the very first thing that you need to install. HSPL4 includes SPL-2.08.0000, SPL-2.08.HSPL, SPL-3.03.0000 and SPL-3.03.HSPL. How to Install HSPL4 on HTC HD2? And which HSPL should I install? In short, install SPL-3.03.HSPL if you want to install latest custom Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM. Or install SPL-2.08.HSPL if you want to install NAND Android or Windows Phone 7.
- Windows Mobile Device Center installed on Windows Vista / Windows 7 or
- ActiveSync installed on Windows XP
- You must have any SPL version from this list on your device:
HSPL4 should support all HTC HD2 and T-Mobile HD2 SPL version. And do make sure that you have Windows Mobile Device Center or ActiveSync installed, else HSPL4 cannot detect your HTC HD2 in USB mode. It needs USB drivers from there.
Step by Step Guide
- Press volume down button (don’t let go) and power on your phone.
- It will load into ‘Red, Green, Blue and White’ screen bootloader.
- You can see your HTC HD2 SPL version there.
- Connect USB cable from PC to phone.
- Serial status will be turned into USB.
- At PC, right click on HSPL4.exe and select ‘Run as administrator’.
- Click ‘Yes’ if User Access Control prompt up.
- Follow onscreen instructions to install.
- Do make sure that you select 2.08.HSPL.
- After installation, you should see ‘We hacked it!’ on your phone.
- That’s all.
If everything go smooth, you should see your HTC HD2 SPL had been replaced by HSPL. Once again, do take note that Android and Windows Phone 7 only work on SPL-2.08.HSPL. Not SPL-3.03.HSPL.
Download DFT HSPL4 for HTC HD2 here |
Next step would be Radio v.2.15 ROM that support 576 MB RAM.